I’m sure you have heard more than enough about the Corona virus, but you may not have heard what I’m about to share. Take a deep breath and read on because it’s really going to be ok.
First, let’s take a step back and look at what’s happening with a much wider lens.
The media is at the forefront of ‘Coronageddon’ and is intentionally driving the hysteria. They have only one tool at their disposal to get viewers to watch their content, and that is FEAR. In order for people to watch or listen to major media outlets, they need something big, scary and tantalizing to keep our eyes glued to the screen. This sells ads and puts $$ in their pockets, which is what they are in business to do.
Meanwhile, the pharmaceutical ads are suspiciously less in number. The best way to get people glued to the TV is to use fear or imply that something horrible might happen if we don’t stay informed. (Because the world as we know it is about to end, according to them…)
But here’s the deal. This corona virus thing is not a big deal, despite what the media says. Just as with any other flu season, certain people are at greater risk. These populations include the elderly, those with compromised immune systems, those with weakened lungs or severe cardiovascular disease. Other than that, the rest of us are not at any higher risk than we were last year.
That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take the same standard precautions if a virus such as the measles (also not a big deal except for those at high risk) or the common cold were floating around. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face or eyes if you’ve been shaking hands or hugging and maintain a proper diet.
But that’s where this scenario goes awry. In general, our dietary habits are horrible compared to our ancestors. Without the essential minerals and other nutrients found in real food (not Frankenfood that has been processed, cooked, boiled and chemically modified), our bodies AND our immune systems are less able to ward off any invaders, including the Corona virus.
So, what can you do to protect yourself and your family while the pandemonium is happening around you?
Here are my best recommendations, and what I’m doing myself, so I can come and go freely without concern of ‘catching the virus:’
1) You need ionized calcium in your tissues, including the nose, lungs, and respiratory tract. The best source of ionizable calcium is in a form known as Calcium Lactate.
2) Once you have the right kind of calcium, your body needs help getting it to the right places in the body. There are two essential ways to do this:
- a) Make sure you are taking a food-based vitamin D (not synthetic); this moves calcium from the gut to the bloodstream. I recommend Cataplex D or Cod Liver Oil for this.
- b) Take the right kind of essential fatty acids to move calcium from the bloodstream into the tissues (lungs, nasal passages, muscles, heart, liver, etc.). This is where calcium can do its best work mobilizing white cells to destroy any incoming virus. I recommend Cataplex F tablets.
3) Once the calcium has destroyed the virus, we need a few other nutrients to oxidize it and make it go away for good. I recommend Cataplex AC for this.
4) Some viruses have an envelope around them that prevents the immune system from targeting and destroying it. Certain herbs can help break down and dissolve this envelope, allowing your immune system (and the calcium) to target, attack, and destroy. I recommend Viranon, which is a combination of St. John’s Wort and Thuja for this.
5) Of course, we never want to forget about including Echinacea as the best way to boost and upregulate the immune system but beware…not all echinacea products are alike. I recommend Echinacea Premium from MediHerb.
6) And if you are really concerned or at a higher risk, I would suggest adding the following two supplements:
- a) Thymex – which helps the thymus gland make more killer T cells
- b) Immuplex– literally a multivitamin for your immune system to ally against viral and bacterial threats!
And finally, ABSOLUTELY NO SUGAR!!! This reduces your immune function by 50% or more for at least 30 minutes after ingesting. Instead, focus on an abundance of greens, nuts, and seeds to provide even more of those essential immune fighting nutrients in your body!
If viruses were so horrible and harmful, we would have LONG AGO become extinct. But we aren’t, thanks to our ancestors enjoying a real food diet full of all the micronutrients their immune systems needed to fend off just about anything!
Carefully watch your diet, stay away from sugar, wash your hands, get as much sleep as possible, and get moving. Exercise helps tune up your immune system as well!